08 Mar Our Red Suit Vision for International Women’s Day
At Flynn Heath Holt we have a Red Suit Vision. We want to see at least 30% women leaders occupying all C suite positions in corporate America by 2020. Why 30%? We believe that 30% is a tipping point.
At Flynn Heath Holt we have a dream. It is our vision and it’s a big leap.
- We want to see at least 30% women leaders occupying all C suite positions in corporate America by 2020. Why 30%? We believe that 30% is a tipping point.
- Imagine that you are in any big city in America. You enter the headquarters building of a Fortune 500 company. You take the elevator to the top floor. Where you enter the conference room where C suite leaders have their meetings.
- In most corporations the C suite team is made up of about ten senior leaders. Today as you enter that room you will see nine male leaders in gray suits sitting around a conference table, and one female leader in a red suit sitting at that table. That one woman-because she is the only woman-representing all women… in the discussions that take place in that room, and the discussions that are made for that corporation.
- What we want to see in the next five years is a different picture in that conference room. We want to walk in and see six or seven men in gray suits and three or four women in red suits.
- When there is a minimum of 30% women in the room, things will change. One woman no longer represents all women. Different points of view, different values and different life experiences are sitting around that table.
- With 30% women at the top, corporate profits will rise and innovation will increase. C suite meetings will be different. Corporate priorities and corporate decisions will be different. Topics that come up for discussion will be more focused on the well-being of customers, employees and communities.
When C suite leadership transitions to 30% women, all of us will benefit!